Sometimes i can't help but wonder for what reason we are all so different, like, it's something I don't usually think about anymore, but something that every now and again, I get in these moods.The thing is that, all my friends here, where I am at now, know that I am Gay, and they are all ok with it. These are the people that I have known for a long time, but hid the fact that I was gay from them.. well I use the word "hid", but it was really more like, "Just didn't talk about it".
What are we all so afraid of? Is it that we are afraid of someone wanting to beat our asses? or is it that we are scared of losing our family?, friends?, Life as we know it? Or are we scared that we will immediately be labeled as a flamer, or a fag? I guess for me, it was all of the above. A little bit of it all.. i guess i got over that.
I went to a soccer game last thursday and there was this really annoying kid that I know from like a few years back, yea he is older now, but even more annoying. He said to me so randomly, "Your GAY!" and I looked at him and I said, "Yes, I am. SO?" and he just looked at me like he was not sure what to say, so he said it again, but more timid, "your gay", and I was like, "Dood, we just covered this, I said yes, I am. Was that hard to understand?" He just shut up and walked away. lol. This was also in front of all the people that know me, and even some people that I had jus met.
So i guess my question is, if all the gay/bi people in the world at once just came out (never will happen) and said, "Yea, I like Guys/Girls" do you think that people might just shut the hell up about it already? lol. Probably not, but still. It's like, "WHO GIVES A FUCK!?" Most people don't.



11 comments:
It is a good question. I am still trapped in the closet myself so I often think about why I keep myself like this.
I am loving your blog by the way.
EXACTLY! great post. great response to that ignorant asshole too! :)
can't agree with you more
hi jason, i just want to tell u that i like reading ur blog :). even if im younger than u, i guess i understand what u are living. since i ve begun writing on my blog nd reading other blogs, it makes me feel good to see that plenty of gay boys have the same feelings about a lot of stuff. thas cool nd comforting.
new to ur blog. just sayin hello and i'll be stopping by now and then. r u a footballer as well? what team do u support? i'm from brighton, but support liverpool. mad about footy. anyways, cheers m8.
Hey, i really like ur blog, u say some really great things and it helps keep me going. I'm in a really tough situation right now because I know that my life the way that I know it will end if I come out. I guess it's just really comforting knowing other people feel the same way, and I'm so glad u were able to come out and be who u really are :)
Best wishes man, I will always check ur blog :)
-Landyn
jason your cute and sexy, wow, wish you lived in uk. how you doing john, i gues you having as good time i am having, vokda, weed, beer, only in earth.
maybe he fancied you...he was trying to ask you out and you passed up a perfectly good opportunity! :P
i think in my case i feared coming out because admitting it was tantamount to a mortal sin, exclusion from heaven. in relation to that, all or almost all my friends were religious, and i risked losing all of them.
Great response!
I think it's natural we are all different. I rather wonder why many people are so bothered by that.
Maybe he was quite surprised seeing you at a soccer game because that didn't fit in his stereotype of gays.
By the way, I'm into soccer too (I support Juventus).
I really like what you posted here and it's really food for thought. I loved your "confrontation" with the guy at the soccer game. I've recently started to come out to my friends and just reading this is making me less nervous about coming out to more friends. So thank you :)
Post a Comment