Friday, October 3, 2008

Maybe I was Wrong..

About that whole being in love thing sucking...

First off I want to thank everyone that replied to me about my last post. It was awesome to have your advice and comments. There is nothing more important to me in life than love. So it's kinda touchy.

But today, after reading everyone's comments, I decided it does not matter anymore if he does or does not feel the same about me, I am just truly blessed to have him in my life. So yesterday we made plans. To Pick him up from baseball after I got off work, (he doesnt have a car anymore cause he got into an accident)and have a night for just us. The night before he text me saying that he couldn't wait for out hangout night. Honestly, neither could I.

And Those Blue Eyes... The ones at the top of this blog, that when I look into them i melt.. Yea.. I love seeing those every time.

SO today, I got off work and drove like 100mph to where he was to pick him up. He had just go done with practice and was looking soooo fit in his uniform, but he always looks fit tho. lol, we had a little bit of a drive to go eat and he changed in the car, and he said, "I'm gonna climb in the back seat to change into my boxers", and I said, "Ok, I promise I wont peak" lol, it was funny cause I just always speak whats on my mind and he always lets me without giving me shit, or getting all wierded out. And yes, I kept my word, and didn't even try to peak. I respect him too much. Neway, we decided to eat at "Red Robins" and Man that place was good. It's funny cause when we just sit together, we can talk and talk and talk about everything. It like we never have a dull moment. Really we don't.

After we ate, we rode over to the mall, and went shopping. We of course went to Hollister, cause we are hollister hoes. hahaha. I had given him a gift card a while back for there and he had not spent it, because he wanted to go there with me, so after being there with him, i was not about to just let him spend his card, and not get something more, so we picked out clothes and i let him get an extra shirt. It's funny cause in the store, we always walk by each other and always seem to touch some how. Like if he is moving past me he will always brush against me a little. I think he knows how i feel.

Well really he should know how i feel. It's not like I have not told him a million times that I love him, he always says he loves me. So all in all, I know that even if it's not what I would want, it's what i have that matters, it's the blessing i have right before me. But it all gets better.

We walked into journeys and looked at shoes, and he I said that I really needed a pair of shoes. I was hopein that he would lead the way, and help. I am really bad a picking out shit. He has such a good style. So as i hoped he would, he grabbed a pair of shoes that I really was liking a lot. It's a pair of DC's. They are kinda wild, and a little different, but looked really cool. He liked them a lot, so after like forever of thinking about it i just told the lady, "Just put them in the bag before I like, change my mind". lol. So we bought them. They were like 100 bucks, but it's funny cause i wanted them more for the fact that Taylor picked them out than I did cause they were nice. lol. Im so lame. So there we were after shopping for like an hour, with all our stuff, and 200$ later. =O

These r the shoes! They r sweet tho.



While we were in the mall, we always seemed to brush up against each other. It's strange. Like, for me, it's almost like getting tazed. hahaha ok, well not like i dropped to the floor or anything, but more like just u feel something. I always wonder if maybe there is a part of him that might b into guys, but just kinda scared to say anything or act on it. I mean, most of us have been there, done that.

Well, we headed out of the mall and drove home. It was a beautiful evening. The crisp air, windows kinda rolled down, but not too much. I love the smell of fall.

As we drive we talked and talked. He said thanks for everything I do for him, and I told him that it really is not a big deal because he means the world to me. As I talked to him, and told him how i had felt after I had moved away from here, and went back home to Vegas last year, He just stared at me, listening to me talk. He does that. Sometimes when we drive he looks at me and just stares. lol.

We got to his house and took out all our goodies from the mall. I took out my shoes and was like, man, I just don't know if I want to keep these. I like them a lot, but idk. So As if Taylor knew i would want to keep them, he pulled them out of the box, laced them up for me, put them on and modeled in the mirror with them on. Hahaha. He looked so good in them. Like, it's most likely cause it's him, but he is just so beautiful. SO since he did all that, you KNOW that i was going to keep them. lol.

SO after all that, and a warm hug, I was off. He walked me out. Gave me a huge hug, and i drove away. After driving for a bit, we started texting. it kinda went like this.

TAY: "Thank you for everything tonight, I love you.". That meant a lot. and NO, im not getting all nuts about him telling me he loves me, and not looking into it more than it is.

ME: "Anytime man. and I love u too! Kajkbillions!" (hey it sounded cute)..

TAY: "You really mean alot to me bro"

ME: "Well your worth all i do for you, Like i said tons of times before, u mean the world to me"

TAY: "You mean the world to me too"

ABOUT 30 MIN LATER

ME: "Nd for the record, remember when i said to you that there was just one person in the world that can just say the word and I would stay here?"

TAY: "Yea, I remember"

ME: "Well I was talking about you"

TAY: "Really? Bro I would never make toy stay here. I love seeing you but I want you to be happy. I'll Move down there with you. I love you bro."

ME: Well either way I wanted you to know.

Again, I am not looking at that as more than what it really is, but man, He has been someone forever that I would move the mountains, walk on water, and fly for. lol.

So, you all are pretty right, I think he does know how I feel. I don't hide shit really well. And also, again, you are all right, I am just blessed to have him in my life regardless of what type of relationship it is. I guess u never know what the future will bring you. Even if it's not what I would want, I will still thank God for what I have.

18 comments:

Aek said...

I'm really glad that you truly appreciate your friendship with him. I can't say I have ever had a relationship quite like that of yours and him, so you're in an envious position. ;)

It seems you have a great friendship there, if nothing else. One worthy of keeping for as long as possible.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful entry. I am moved…

Steevo said...

Jason: He did everything but kiss u. Maybe u cud just tell him u are wondering if he wants to make your friendship more intimate.

If he's not gay or bi or wondering, I'm John McCain!

Maybe he's nervous, timid, fearful. Is he religious? Age difference? You may have written about this but I dont get my blog time like the summer. I'll catch up this w/e.

I'm on AIM th most. I'm here if u wanna talk.

s

.

Anonymous said...

i can be a right unfeeling and coldhearted bastard sometimes, but this post just melted my heart. p.s. ur comment to my blog post didn't make it. but thanks for the effort. if u don't mind summarising it... cheerz mate.

btw - ur mate has got killer eyes!! i know what u mean now. lol!

Steevo said...

"I always wonder if maybe there is a part of him that might b into guys, but just kinda scared to say anything or act on it."

OK. I read it [blog] from th start. Taylor may not be into guys [but from what u write I think there's a good possibility...]

He may not be into guys, but he sure as hell is into YOU!

I wrote my post above B4 I knew that Taylor knew u were gay.

There r str8 guys that will have a crush, be infatuated, etc. with just 1 gay friend. Something about you two CLICKS. Many gay guys date and have longtime GFs. The shrine to the ex gf sounds like overcompensation.

It seems to me that maybe Taylor is putting out all sorts of signals that he is very confused about his feelings 4 u.

1. bracelet he made 4 u
2. texts
3. brushing against u
4. texts!!!

Maybe he can say in a text what is too overwhelming to say in person.

You 2 seem very close. Very. Perhaps it's TRUTH time.

Just my opinion based on what you have written... very well I might add. You r able to put a lot of feeling into what u write. In no time u seem to have a devoted readership.

Now those are friggin' "bedroom eyes"... LOL
.

v1b2n3m4 said...

Hey man :)
Thats a really special friendship u have with him. I would truly give anything to have a special bond with someone like that. Steevo is right (or apparently he's John McCain...hahah :P) I bet he is wondering too, but i can totally imagine like ur afraid to push it for fear of losing what u have and he doesn't really know what do to either. All i can suggest is to spend a lot of time together doing fun stuff and being close...u never know what could develop. and if not, know u have a truly close/amazing friend.
If u wanna talk, be sure to email :) my internet is really fucked up on my laptop so my msn msgr isnt working...sry :( ill try and get it fixed asap.

Take care man, and keep ur spirits up :) u rock!
(ps, i think of u as like an older bro, so thanks a lot for everything :)

<3 Landyn

v1b2n3m4 said...

and u write amazingly well btw. like everytime u post, i feel like im a part of it :)

JRC said...

but guys can be close, without being gay, he has just lost his girlfrined, this is where mates come close, looking for affection but nothing else,my mate says he love's me, kisses me the cheek, but it just affection, cause yoour close mates. but i could be wrong, sometimes predcting is predcting the weather.

Zee said...

It is great that you have such a close nice friendship.

Like Raz, I am normally fairly cold person. This post was really touching. You truly have a gift that enables you to rip the emotions right out of me.

Steevo said...

landyn: thnx 4 the compliment. if some of what i observe and share offers some measure of solace or especially insight, then thanks be to th goddess.

We usually have the answers inside our hearts. We just have to calm down, think, and listen.
Then sometimes it helps to "talk about it" and bounce ideas around and see if one "pops UP" as having a familiar ring.


.

D. said...

i could get lost in those eyes. oh wait, i already am...

big red flag!!! the texting between you two is so sweet. i wish my guy friends and i would do that.

even though i have a bf and all, i feel the similarly about my roommate ("S", if you read my blog) from last year as you do about taylor. every time he touches me (either accidentally or purposely) i get the shivers. and he is this very fundamentally religious christian boy who is "saving himself for marriage". my heart tells me he is gay but is afraid to acknowledge it because of his religion.

you're out to taylor right? if you said he's the only person that would keep you in town, that's pretty much telling him you're in love with him. i mean c'mon, you say "i love you" to each other! you two are so close... it wouldnt hurt to ask if he would ever "experiment" with a guy.

anyway, i hope things between you a) stay the same or b) develop into something more. hopefully b.

hugs n kisses!!

Stephen Chapman said...

If nothing more develops, you know you have a friend in him.

For me, I am glad to have straight mates who understand me as a gay guy and simply not care about my sexuality. Maybe he's that friend.

Great blog by the way.

Joshua said...

omfg that is the CUTEST story ever. EVER! :D I couldn't help smiling and laughing and being super gay because it was super cute. Heeheeeheeeeee.

Alright, anyways, I think it's a social fear for straight guys to associate with gay guys (one that is quickly fading, as I've noticed, but still there). I noticed that they fear that they're in love with them and they're going to "catch" the gay virus or whatever. In this case, you actually are in love with him and gayness is not transferable. But if he's willing to be SO close to you, I think it really means something big, regardless of whether or not he just lost a girlfriend.

I have a friend Josiah who was the third person I came out to, and he's seriously the straightest person I've ever met (except I say that about a lot of people). After I told him, he just wanted to hang out with me and get to know me more and just be more of a friend, and I completely blew him off because I had "better things to do", but he was still always there whenever I needed him. I never realized how great of a person he is until two weeks ago, and since then I've been (trying to be) a better friend to him. But then again, I wasn't in love with him, so I guess I just made another irrelevant statement.

Gay Best Friend and I text each other somewhat frequently and we always say "i love you" and stuff and sometimes we do the tackle and wrestle thing in the park and stuff and we care for each other a lot, but I'm kind of in love with him and he doesn't know/doesn't bring it up (more like doesn't know because when he did bring it up I just got mad at him and called him conceited...), but I don't think I'd ever want anything more than a great friendship because I wouldn't be able to handle the thought that we could have a bad breakup and we would never talk again. It's not because we have the same group of friends (we don't) and it's not because I think we will have a bad breakup, I just don't want to risk anything to harm our friendship. And he loves art, so he's applying to New York U and I totally encourage him by face, but by heart I secretly pray that he won't get in because I want him to stay in Irvine with me. And I could never be the person who tells him not do go. I'll be the person who cries to him and is sad that he's leaving and drive him to the airport and stuff like that, but I just couldn't be the person who stands in the way of his dream.

There's something about you that makes people just open up.

Steevo said...

re: what Joshua said: It's all very complicated and each situation is different. But there are often similarities and _patterns_ that emerge over time.

It was almost 20 years ago that Dan and I came out to our good friends and then for senior prom we were each other's date. But that was in a very very progressive city [uni] at the most liberal high school. But we still waited a long time to come out.

I just know a lot of gay guys who had a best str8 friend who later became a lot more. Sometimes it was just once. Sometimes the "Str8" BestF was gay and shy and confused and horny and _finally_ just sed, "Fuck it! Tommy, I'm gay too. I want to be with you." Then there is the best str8 friend who stays Str8 really, but a very intimate physical relationship develops. The best str8 friend has no interest whatsoever in other boys. Is that a best str8 friend w/ privileges. And then sometimes, the str8 best friend sort of allows the physical intimacy because he wants to give his best gay friend a gift. Of himself. Also sometimes the Str8 best friend is just so damn horny he'd maybe "do stuff" with anything with legs. LOL. That's a little exaggerated maybe. Sometimes it starts out as wanking buds and they later become wank buds-PLUS... Then 1 day the homoflexual boy realizes what they r doing is not fair to HIS friend. So he stops and finds a girl friend and their sexual relationship fades away but they r still very close.

I feel like an "informer" sharing 'INSIDE" information about the older 30something generation of the family. But that's what the gay community needs. It's a lot easier to do that here. Young gay boys sometimes are very tempting. Such is life.

I'm watching baseball playoffs and blogging. Any baseball nutz out there? San Francisco Giants have an annual GLBT night. They wont call it queer night. Yet.

TTFN


S

.

winglessangel said...

lol everyones getting lucky recently... Great to hear you found someone you feel u can trust...

Doug said...

Hey Jason. Found your blog through joshua and I really enjoyed your blog post. This is the type of relationship that I wish I have with someone in my life. Unfortunately, he lives clear across the country. But just reading about your time at the mall reminded me so much of my last time I walked around shopping with him. We're in different situations (my guy is gay, we have history with each other, and now he has a new guy), but just reading that made me think about him all over again.

Though I've only started reading your blog, I'm already really happy for you and your friendship that you have with Taylor. It sounds amazing and I wish the best for you and him. And I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Anonymous said...

wow, jason, i have no mean to express all what i feel after reading ur post.

fortunately, about good nd wise rational stuff, steevo was here (he seems to be kinda universal big bro in a certain way nd its super cool ^_^).

as for me, first i think taylor has the most beautiful eyes i have ever seen. second, ur story with him is wonderful nd sad at the same time. third, seeing all what taylor said to u, all these incredible loving phrases, i rlly think u shud be (cos u can be) ttlly honest with him nd tell him all what u feel now nd why. i mean, u both are already deeply real friends, then theres like no risk at all he wud be pissed off against u. even if he eventually cant offer u what u hope, it wud be great u cud express all that to each other, like a great relief.

i mean, to trust someone is the greatest friendship/love proof, ins't it ?

sorry, i guess maybe im just dreaming cos i have no real experience of life after all. maybe im too young or maybe im just too optimistic for some reasons...

bt, u know, u rlly deserve to be happy i think..... i wish u will be!!!!!

Good luck nd take care of u.

stan who talks too much anyway

D. said...

To quote Steevo:

"I just know a lot of gay guys who had a best str8 friend who later became a lot more. Sometimes it was just once. Sometimes the "Str8" BestF was gay and shy and confused and horny and _finally_ just sed, "Fuck it! Tommy, I'm gay too. I want to be with you." Then there is the best str8 friend who stays Str8 really, but a very intimate physical relationship develops. The best str8 friend has no interest whatsoever in other boys. Is that a best str8 friend w/ privileges. And then sometimes, the str8 best friend sort of allows the physical intimacy because he wants to give his best gay friend a gift. Of himself. Also sometimes the Str8 best friend is just so damn horny he'd maybe "do stuff" with anything with legs. LOL. That's a little exaggerated maybe. Sometimes it starts out as wanking buds and they later become wank buds-PLUS... Then 1 day the homoflexual boy realizes what they r doing is not fair to HIS friend. So he stops and finds a girl friend and their sexual relationship fades away but they r still very close."

If only, if only :/